Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric and Curcumin
Read on to learn what the science says about turmeric and curcumin as well as their benefits.
*The spice known as turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
*Many high-quality studies show that turmeric has major benefits for your body and brain. Many of these benefits come from its main active ingredient, curcumin.
1. Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
2. Chronic inflammation contributes to some common health conditions. Curcumin can suppress many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation
3. While curcumin has antioxidant effects, more studies are needed to confirm these benefits.
4. Curcumin boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and may help fight various degenerative processes in your brain.
5. Curcumin has beneficial effects on several factors known to play a role in heart disease. Plus, it’s an anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
6. Curcumin leads to several changes on the molecular level that may help prevent and perhaps even treat cancer.
7. Curcumin can cross the blood-brain barrier and has been shown to lead to various improvements in the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
8. Arthritis is a common disorder characterized by joint inflammation. Many studies show that curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis.
9. A study in 60 people with depression showed that curcumin was as effective as Prozac in alleviating symptoms of the condition.
10. Due to its many positive health effects, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer, curcumin may aid longevity.
Click to explore
7 Surprising Health Benefits of Eating Seaweed