Here are 5 health benefits of orange juice.
Orange juice is enjoyed around the world.
It’s made by squeezing oranges to extract the juice, either by hand or using commercial methods.
It’s naturally high in vital nutrients, such as vitamin C and potassium. Plus, commercial varieties are often enriched with calcium and vitamin D.
Nonetheless, there’s controversy regarding whether or not it contributes to a healthy diet.
1. Rich in Several Important Nutrients: Orange juice is high in several necessary nutrients, including vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
2. High in Antioxidants: Orange juice is high in antioxidants and can help increase antioxidant status to aid in disease prevention.
3. May Help Prevent Kidney Stones: Orange juice can increase the pH of the urine and, as a result, lower the risk of kidney stones.
4. May Improve Heart Health: Orange juice may help increase levels of “good” HDL cholesterol and decrease total and “bad” LDL cholesterol, as well as diastolic blood pressure.
5. May Decrease Inflammation: Orange juice may help decrease markers of inflammation, which could help reduce your risk of chronic disease.
Potential Downsides: Orange juice is high in sugar and calories, which may contribute to weight gain and high blood sugar. Drink it in moderation and opt for fresh-squeezed or 100% orange juice whenever possible.