7 Effective Ways to Increase Your Vitamin D Levels
Here are 7 effective ways to increase your vitamin D levels.
* Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that your body needs for many vital processes, including building and maintaining strong bones.
* Low vitamin D intake is considered a major public health concern across the globe.
* Vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption and bone health.
* Vitamin D is often referred to as “the sunshine vitamin” because the sun is one of the best sources of this nutrient.
1. Your skin can produce large quantities of vitamin D on its own when exposed to the sun’s UV-B rays. However, many factors affect this process.
2. Fatty fish and seafood are among the foods highest in vitamin D, though exact vitamin content may vary depending on the type and source of the food in question.
3. Much like humans, mushrooms produce vitamin D when exposed to UV light. Wild mushrooms have the greatest vitamin D levels.
4. Free-range and pastured eggs are a great source of vitamin D, as chickens with access to sunlight produce more vitamin D in their eggs than those that remain indoors.
5. Vitamin D is often added to food staples — such as milk and breakfast cereals — to increase intake of this nutrient.
6. Supplements are often needed if you don’t obtain enough vitamin D from food or sunlight. Having your vitamin D levels checked before supplementing is the best way to pick the appropriate dose.
7. You can purchase lamps that emit UV-B radiation to stimulate vitamin D production
* Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that many people around the world don’t get enough of.
Click to explore
Mustard Greens: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits