Ways to Improve Your Gut Bacteria
Based on Science
Here are improve your gut bacteria, based on science.
* There are around 40 trillion bacteria in your body, most of which are found in your gut.
* Collectively, they are known as your gut microbiome, and they’re incredibly important for overall health. However, certain types of bacteria in your intestines can also contribute to many diseases.
* Many factors, including the foods you eat, can impact the type of bacteria found in your digestive tract.
1. Eating a diverse diet rich in whole foods can lead to a diverse microbiome, which is beneficial for your health.
2. Many fruits and vegetables are high in fiber. Fiber promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, including specific types such as Bifidobacteria.
3. Fermented foods like plain yogurt can benefit the microbiome by enhancing its function and reducing the abundance of disease-causing bacteria in the intestines.
4. Prebiotics promote the growth of several types of beneficial bacteria, including Bifidobacteria. health conditions by decreasing levels of insulin, triglycerides, and cholesterol.
5. Breastfeeding helps an infant develop a healthy microbiome, which may help protect against certain health conditions later in life.
6. Whole grains contain nondigestible carbs that can promote the growth of beneficial bacteria within the gut microbiome.
7. Vegetarian and vegan diets may improve the microbiome. However, it is unclear if the positive effects associated with these diets.
8. Polyphenols can’t be digested efficiently by human cells, but they are efficiently broken down by the gut microbiota.
9. Probiotics do not significantly change the composition of the microbiome in healthy people.
* However, they may improve microbiome function and help restore the microbiome to good health in those with certain health conditions.
7 Unique Benefits of Blood Oranges
Click to explore