16 Delicious High Protein Foods
Here are 16 delicious foods that are high in protein.
* Getting enough protein on a daily basis is essential for your overall health. What we think of as “protein” is actually a large category of molecules.
* They’re all made up of tiny building blocks called amino acids. Nine of these are considered essential.
1. One large egg (50 grams) provides 6.3 grams of protein.
2. One ounce (28.35 grams) of almonds provides 6 grams of protein.
3. One-half of a chicken breast (86 grams) provides 26.7 grams of protein.
4. One cup (226 grams) of cottage cheese provides 28 grams of protein.
5. One 7-ounce (200-gram) container provides 19.9 grams.
6. One cup (246 mL) of dairy milk provides 8.32 grams of protein.
7. One hundred grams (about 1/2 cup) of cooked lentils provides 9.02 grams of protein.
8. A 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of lean beef provides 24.6 grams of protein (24
9. All types of fish are high in protein. For example, half a salmon fillet (124 grams) provides 30.5 grams of protein
10. One cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa provides 8 grams of protein.
11. Whey protein powder provides about 16.6 grams of protein per scoop (28.6 grams), while pea protein provides 15 grams of protein per scoop (20 grams).
12. One slice (60 grams) of Ezekiel bread provides 6 grams of protein (36).
13. A 1/4 cup (29.5 grams) of pumpkin seeds provides 8.8 grams of protein.
A 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of turkey provides 25.6 grams of protein.
15. A 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of cooked clams provides 21.8 grams of protein, while the same serving of shrimp provides 20.4 grams of protein.
16. A 1-ounce (28.35-gram) serving of peanuts provides 7.31 grams of protein, while a 2-tablespoon (32-gram) serving of smooth peanut butter provides 7.2 grams of protein.
* Peanuts and peanut butter are packed with nutrients, like protein, folate, magnesium, and vitamin E.
Click to explore
16 Health Benefits of Grapes