Strawberries 10 Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits.
This article tells you everything you need to know about strawberries.
* Strawberries are bright red, juicy, and sweet.
They’re an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and also contain decent amounts of folate (vitamin B9) and potassium
* Strawberries are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds, which may have benefits for heart health and blood sugar control
1. Strawberries’ carbs consists mainly of fibers and simple sugars. They have a relatively low GI and should not cause big spikes in blood sugar levels.
2.Strawberries are a good source of vitamin C, manganese, folate (vitamin B9), and potassium.
3. Strawberries contain high amounts of beneficial plant compounds and antioxidants, such as pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins.
4. Strawberries may decrease your risk of heart disease and cancer, as well as help regulate blood sugar.
5. Strawberries are usually well tolerated, but allergy is fairly common — especially in young children.
6. Strawberries seem to slow down glucose digestion and reduce spikes in both glucose and insulin following a carb-rich meal
7. Ellagitannins and ellagic acid comprise a large part of these antioxidants in strawberries.
8. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, an antioxidant necessary for immune and skin health.
*Strawberries are low in calories, delicious, and healthy.
* The health benefits include reduced cholesterol, blood pressure, inflammation, and oxidative stress.
Click to explore
8 Impressive Health Benefits of Apples