6 Emerging Benefits and Uses of Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
Here are the top 6 health benefits and uses of carom seeds.
* Carom seeds are the seeds of the ajwain herb, or Trachyspermum ammi. They’re common in Indian cuisine.
* Carom seeds are incredibly nutritious, being rich in fiber, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals.
* If you’re pregnant, it’s important to consult with your healthcare provider before taking carom seeds in seed, extract, or powdered form.
1. Test-tube studies show that carom seeds and its compounds may inhibit the growth of certain strains of bacteria and fungi, including E. coli, Salmonella, and Candida albicans.
2.Animal studies show that carom seed powder and extract in high doses may reduce elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels heart disease.
3.Carom seeds may act as a calcium-channel blocker and help lower blood pressure levels, though current research is limited to animal studies.
4. There is some evidence that carom seeds may help fight peptic ulcers and improve indigestion, but research is limited to animal studies.
5.There is limited research suggesting that carom seeds may have anticoughing effects and could help increase airflow to the lungs.
6.Some evidence suggests that carom seed extract may have anti-inflammatory properties. However, research is limited to animal studies.
Click to explore
6 Surprising Health Benefits of Orange Juice