7 Unique Benefits of Blood Oranges
Here are 7 potential benefits of blood oranges, along with a few tips on adding them to your diet.
* Blood oranges are citrus fruits often known for their vibrant color and dark, crimson flesh.
* They get their unique hue from certain compounds known as anthocyanins, including chrysanthemum orange blood.
1. Blood oranges are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants, and several other key vitamins and minerals.
2. Blood oranges are low in calories and high in fiber, which can help increase feelings of fullness.
3. Blood oranges contain several nutrients that are important during pregnancy. Eating more citrus fruits while pregnant may also be beneficial for children later in life.
4. Blood oranges are high in vitamin C and antioxidants, both of which can support immune health.
5. Blood oranges are a good source of fiber, which can promote regularity and enhance the health of the gut microbiome.
6. Some of the compounds found in blood oranges have been shown to decrease cancer cell growth in test tube studies.
7. Blood oranges have a unique flavor that can be enjoyed on its own or added to a variety of recipes.
Click to explore
9 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Almonds