9 Proven Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
Here are 9 potential benefits of ashwagandha, based on research.
*Ashwagandha is one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda, which is a traditional form of alternative medicine based on Indian principles of natural healing.
*People have used ashwagandha for thousands of years to relieve stress, increase energy levels, and improve concentration.
1. Ashwagandha may be effective for reducing stress and anxiety symptoms. However, more research is needed to form a consensus on appropriate forms.
2. Ashwagandha may help improve measures of physical performance in athletes and healthy adults, including VO2 max and strength.
3. The limited research available suggests that ashwagandha may help reduce symptoms of depression and benefit people with some mental health conditions.
4. Ashwagandha may help increase testosterone levels and may have some potential benefits for male fertility. However, more research is needed.
5. Limited evidence suggests that ashwagandha may reduce blood sugar levels through its effects on insulin secretion and cells’ ability to.
6. Ashwagandha may help reduce inflammatory markers in the body. However, more research is needed.
7. Ashwagandha supplements may improve memory, reaction time, and the ability to perform tasks in certain populations. However, more research is needed.
8. Recent evidence suggests that ashwagandha may be an effective natural remedy to improve sleep and may especially help people with insomnia.
9. Although ashwagandha is safe for most people, it’s not safe for everyone. It’s important to check with a healthcare professional before taking ashwagandha.
Click to explore