12 Benefits and
of Argan Oil
This article explains 12 of the most prominent health benefits and uses of argan oil.
*Argan oil has been a culinary staple in Morocco for centuries — not only because of its subtle, nutty flavor but also its wide array of potential health benefits.
*This naturally occurring plant oil is derived from the kernels of the fruit of the argan tree.
*Although native to Morocco, argan oil is now used across the globe for a variety of culinary, cosmetic and medicinal applications.
1.Argan oil provides a good source of linoleic and oleic fatty acids, two fats known to support good health. It also boasts high levels of vitamin E.
2.Multiple compounds in argan oil may help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, though more research is needed.
3.Argan oil’s fatty acids and antioxidants may help reduce heart disease risk, though more research is needed.
4. Some animal studies indicate argan oil may reduce blood sugar and insulin resistance to help prevent diabetes. That said, human studies are lacking.
5. Some test-tube studies revealed potential cancer-fighting effects of argan oil, though more studies are needed.
6.A few small studies indicate that argan oil may be effective at reducing signs of aging, either when ingested or applied directly to your skin.
7. While argan oil has been traditionally used to treat skin infections, there is limited evidence to support this.
8. In one animal study, argan oil applied to burn wounds accelerated healing. However, human research is needed.
9. Argan oil is popularly used to moisturize skin and hair. Some research indicates the fatty acids in argan oil may support healthy, hydrated skin and reduce hair damage.
10. Argan oil is often used as a remedy for treating stretch marks, although no scientific data supports this.
11. Though some people claim that argan oil is effective for treating acne, no studies support this. However, it may reduce redness and soothe irritation caused by acne.
12. Because of its recent rise in popularity, argan oil is widely available and easy to use for skin, hair and food.
Click to explore
7 Great Reasons to Add Dragon Fruit to Your Diet