Based Health Benefits
Here are 9 health benefits of almonds.
* Almonds are among the world’s most popular tree nuts. They are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
* They are native to the Middle East, but the US is now the world’s largest producer. They are also used to produce almond milk, oil, butter, flour or paste — also known as marzipan.
1. Almonds are very popular tree nuts. Almonds are high in healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, protein and various important nutrients.
2. Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to aging and disease.
3. Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E. Getting plenty of vitamin E from foods is linked to numerous health benefits.
4. Almonds are extremely high in magnesium, a mineral that many people don’t get enough of.
5. Low magnesium levels are strongly linked to high blood pressure, indicating that almonds can help control blood pressure.
6. Eating one or two handfuls of almonds per day can lead to mild reductions in “bad” LDL cholesterol, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease.
7. “Bad” LDL cholesterol can become oxidized, which is a crucial step in the development of heart disease.
8. While nuts are low in carbs, they are high in protein and fiber. Studies show that eating almonds and other nuts can increase fullness and help you eat fewer calories.
9. Though almonds are high in calories, eating them doesn’t seem to promote weight gain.
* Some studies even suggest the opposite, showing that almonds can enhance weight loss.
Click to explore
Proven Health Benefits