Free Grains That Are Super Healthy
Here are 9 gluten-free grains that are super healthy.
* Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. It provides elasticity, allows bread to rise, and gives foods a chewy texture .
* Many of the most commonly consumed grains contain gluten. However, there are plenty of nutritious gluten-free grains available, too.
1. Several studies have shown that sorghum is high in plant compounds and may help reduce inflammation and blood sugar levels.
2. Quinoa contains a good amount of antioxidants. It’s also one of the few plant foods containing all the essential amino acids.
3. Oats contain beta-glucan, which may decrease blood cholesterol and help regulate blood sugar levels.
4. Buckwheat is rich in antioxidants and has been associated with reductions in heart disease risk factors, such as blood cholesterol levels.
5. Some studies show that amaranth may reduce inflammation and several risk factors for heart disease.
6. Teff is one of the smallest grains in the world but high in fiber and protein. Both of these nutrients are essential to your health and come with many benefits.
7. Corn is high in fiber and a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that are associated with a decreased risk of eye disease.
8. Brown rice is high in fiber and associated with decreased risks of diabetes, weight gain, and heart disease when used in place of white rice.
Click to explore
9 Powerful Health Benefits of Cumin