6 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, Backed by Science
This article looks at the evidence behind 6 possible health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
* Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy. People have used it for centuries in cooking and medicine.
* Apple cider vinegar has various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
1. Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting the sugar from apples. This turns them into acetic acid, which is a main active ingredient in vinegar health benefits.
2. The main substance in vinegar — acetic acid — can kill harmful bacteria or prevent them from multiplying. It has a history of use as a disinfectant and natural preservative.
3. Apple cider vinegar has shown great promise in improving insulin sensitivity and helping lower blood sugar responses after meals
4. Studies suggest that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness and help you eat fewer calories, which may lead to weight loss.
5. Several animal studies have shown that vinegar can reduce blood triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure.
6.Apple cider vinegar is naturally acidic and has antimicrobial properties. This means it could help improve the skin barrier and prevent infections.
Click to explore
10 Proven Health Benefits