20 Common Reasons Why You’re Not Losing as Much Weight as You Expected To
This article lists 20 common reasons why you’re not losing weight.
* When you lose weight, your body fights back. You may be able to lose quite a lot of weight at first, without much effort.
* It also contains actionable tips on how to break through the plateau and get things moving again.
1. A weight loss plateau may be explained by muscle gain, undigested food, and fluctuations in body water. If the scale doesn’t budge, you might still be losing fat.
2. Keeping a food diary can be helpful when you are trying to lose weight.
3. Low protein intake may bring your weight loss efforts to a standstill. Make sure to eat plenty of protein-rich foods.
4. If your weight loss seems to have come to a standstill, it’s possible you may be consuming too many calories.
5. Make sure to base your diet on whole foods. Eating too much processed food could negatively affect your weight loss success.
6. Strength training is an effective way to lose fat. It prevents the loss of muscle mass often associated with weight loss and helps maintain long-term fat loss.
7. If you frequently binge on food, it may be the reason why your weight loss journey seems to be at a standstill.
8. Try to do cardio regularly. It helps you burn fat, especially around your midsection. Lack of exercise could be one reason for a weight loss plateau.
9. Avoiding all sugary beverages is an excellent weight loss strategy. They often make up a significant portion of a person’s calorie intake.
10. Lack of quality sleep is a strong risk factor for obesity. It could also hinder weight loss progress.
11. If you are unable to lose weight, consider trying a low carb diet. Many studies show that a low carb diet can be an effective weight loss strategy.
12. Eating too often may result in excessive calorie intake, which curbs your weight loss efforts.
13. To reduce your calorie intake, drink a glass of water before meals. Drinking water may also increase the number of calories you burn.
14. Alcoholic beverages are generally high in calories. If you choose to drink alcohol, spirits mixed with zero-calorie beverages are probably the best options
15. Always eat mindfully when trying to lose weight. Mindless eating is one of the main reasons people experience challenges to losing weight.
16. Medical conditions such as hypothyroidism, sleep apnea, and PCOS may be hindering your weight loss efforts.
17. If you have strong food cravings or food addiction, weight loss can be challenging. Consider seeking professional help.
18. If you have reached a weight loss plateau, you may have been dieting too long. Maybe it’s time to take a break.
19. People’s expectations are sometimes unrealistic when it comes to weight loss. Keep in mind that losing weight takes time
20. Dieting is not a long-term solution. If your goal is to lose weight and keep it off long term, focus on adopting health-promoting lifestyle habits.
* Weight loss is not always easy and numerous factors can bring it to a standstill.
Click to explore
10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting