14 Easy Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally
Here are 14 easy and evidence-backed ways to naturally lower your, blood sugar levels.
* High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, is associated with diabetes and prediabetes.
* Prediabetes is when your blood sugar is high, but not high enough to be classified as diabetes.
1. Exercise increases insulin sensitivity and helps your muscles use blood sugar for movement. This can lead to reduced blood sugar levels.
2. Your body breaks down the carbs you eat into glucose, which then raises your blood sugar levels.
3. Eating plenty of fiber can aid blood sugar management. Soluble dietary fiber appears to be more effective than insoluble fiber for this purpose.
4. Staying hydrated can reduce blood sugar levels and diabetes risk. Choose water and zero-calorie drinks and avoid sugar-sweetened beverages.
5. Focusing on your portion sizes can help you manage your blood sugar levels.
6. Choose foods with a low glycemic index (GI) and monitor your overall carb intake.
7. Managing your stress levels through exercise or relaxation methods like yoga may help you regulate blood sugar levels.
8. Checking your blood glucose and maintaining a daily log enables you to adjust foods and medications.
9. Good sleep helps maintain your blood sugar levels and promotes a healthy weight.
10. Eating foods rich in chromium and magnesium can help prevent deficiencies and reduce the risk of blood sugar problems.
11. Some foods are believed to have blood-sugar-lowering effects.
12. Maintaining a moderate weight will support blood sugar management and decrease your risk of developing diabetes.
13. Snacking between meals could keep your blood sugar levels from spiking or plummeting throughout the day.
14. A probiotic-rich diet may help you manage your blood sugar levels.
Click to explore
for weight loss