Top 11 Science-Based Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seed
Here are the top 11 health benefits of pumpkin seeds that are supported by science.
Pumpkin seeds may be small, but they’re packed full of valuable nutrients.
Eating only a small amount of them can provide you with a substantial quantity of healthy fats, magnesium and zinc.
1. Full of Valuable Nutrients: Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants, iron, zinc, magnesium and many other nutrients. An ounce (28 grams) contains about 151 calories.
2. High in Antioxidants: Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants that may help protect against disease and reduce inflammation.
3. Some evidence suggests that pumpkin seeds may help prevent certain types of cancer.
4. Pumpkin seeds may reduce symptoms of benign prostate enlargement and an overactive bladder.
5. Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium. Healthy magnesium levels are important for your blood pressure, blood sugar levels, as well as heart and bone health.
6. Nutrients in pumpkin seeds may help keep your heart healthy by reducing blood pressure and increasing good cholesterol.
7. Pumpkin seeds may help reduce blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. However, more research is needed.
8. Whole pumpkin seeds are a good source of fiber. Diets high in fiber are associated with many health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
9. The high zinc content of pumpkin seeds may help improve sperm quality and fertility in men.
10. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of tryptophan, zinc and magnesium — all of which help promote good sleep.
11. Pumpkin seeds can be easily incorporated into your diet as a snack or ingredient in meals or baking.
Click to explore
19 EFFECTIVE TIPS TO
LOSE BELLY FAT
(BACKED BY SCIENCE)