Proven Health Benefits
Here are 10 proven health benefits of blueberries, all based on evidence.
Blueberries are sweet, nutritious and wildly popular.
Often labeled a superfood, they are low in calories and incredibly good for you.
1. The blueberry is a very popular berry. It is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K.
2. Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all the popular fruits and vegetables. Flavonoids appear to be the berries’ antioxidant with the greatest impact.
3. Several studies suggest that blueberries and blueberry juice reduce DNA damage, which is a leading driver of aging and cancer.
4. The antioxidants in blueberries have been shown to reduce a predominant risk factor for heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to “bad” LDL cholesterol.
5. Regular blueberry intake is tied to lower blood pressure in numerous studies.
6. Some evidence indicates that eating fruits rich in anthocyanins — such as blueberries — is associated with a reduced risk of heart attacks.
7. The antioxidants in blueberries seem to benefit your brain by aiding brain function and delaying mental decline.
8.Several studies demonstrate that blueberries have
anti-diabetes effects, improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
9. One study suggests that blueberries may aid muscle recovery after strenuous exercise, though more research is needed.
10. Like cranberries, blueberries contain substances that can prevent certain bacteria from binding to the wall of your bladder, which may help prevent UTIs.
Click to explore
8 Raw Honey Benefits for Health