That May Contribute to Weight Gain.
Here’s a list of 11 foods that can contribute to weight gain if you consume them in high amounts.
* Certain foods are more likely to contribute to weight gain than others, including processed foods that are high in calories, fat, added sugar, and salt.
* These foods can still fit into a well-rounded diet. Just make sure to monitor your portion sizes and enjoy them in moderation, especially if you’re trying to lose weight.
1. Soda is high in sugar and calories but lacks important nutrients. It could also contribute to weight gain and several chronic conditions.
2. Coffee drinks sweetened with syrup or sugar are high in calories. Regularly drinking them could contribute to weight gain.
3. Most ice creams are high in sugar and fat and can add a lot of extra calories to your meal. Enjoy it as an occasional treat, not as a dietary staple.
4. Commercially prepared pizza is often high in calories and processed meats. Try finding a pizzeria that uses healthier ingredients or make your own at home.
5. Cookies and doughnuts are high in calories and sugar. Therefore, it’s best to enjoy them as an occasional treat and keep your portion sizes in check.
6. French fries and potato chips are high in fat, refined carbs, and salt. Studies link both foods to weight gain.
7. Many varieties of breakfast cereal are high in calories and added sugar. Certain types are also highly refined, which could contribute to weight gain.
8. Dark, milk, and white varieties of chocolate are high in fat and calories. The latter two types are typically also higher in added sugar. As such, chocolate could cause weight gain.
9. Fruit juice is high in sugar and low in fiber. Drinking excessive amounts has been linked to an increased risk of obesity.
10. Eating fewer processed foods high in added fat, sugar, and salt can improve your diet quality and help prevent weight gain.
11. Many fast food items are high in calories, fat, added sugar, and sodium. Limiting your intake and choosing healthier options can help prevent weight gain.
* keep in mind that there’s no need to eliminate them from your diet entirely — even if you’re trying to lose weight.
Click to explore
Unique Fruits from Around the World